John Martindale, CEO
- Pursuit of excellence. In a world where great craftsmanship is hard to find, Brothers Services has committed itself to the constant pursuit of being the best at its craft, with faith based values and ethics.
- Intense focus on the customer. Brothers Services is committed to serving its customers, understanding their every need, and making an otherwise difficult experience as comfortable as possible. By creating predictably excellent experiences, lifetime relationships are built with customers, so that any time they need a project done, Brothers Services will be their first and only choice.
- A great place to work. Brothers Services is dedicated to hiring best-in-class, hard working, and friendly people. What is valued most is a hard-working, but fun environment, that treats each employee with dignity and respect and provides them with opportunities to develop, both personally and professionally. Having worked in virtually every department in the Company during his career, John has a unique perspective and dedication to making Brothers Services a great place to work.
As one of the founders of Brothers Services, John was integral in helping to shape the Company from the beginning and maintains a passion for constantly finding ways to help the Company become better. John has been married to his best friend Diane since 1980, and they have five adult children. He is an avid golfer, cyclist and a private (instrument rated) pilot. John has a passion for lifelong learning, reflected in his attainment of an MBA from Loyola University in 2004, while simultaneously navigating the Company through a period of unprecedented growth and expansion.
“At Brothers Services we follow our Golden Rule: We treat all customers as if they were our own family, and we treat each project as if it were our own. That is The Brothers Way.” — John Martindale
Community and Industry Involvement
- Board Member Past President – HBAM Remodelers Council
- Certified Graduate Remodeler
- Elder – Lifepoint Church
- Board Member – University of Baltimore, Merrick School of Business
- Board Member – Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center
- Board Member – Owens Corning National Advisory Board, Contractor Program
John Martindale, Brothers Services CEO, is a Maryland Award Winner
Each spring, the business community comes together to celebrate regional semifinalists, finalists and winners. These honorees not only create and build market-leading businesses, but also help take the standard of excellence to new heights, transform the face of industry, create jobs and contribute to the vibrancy of communities. More than 14,000 CEO’s and executives gathering together in 25 cities around the country to celebrate entrepreneurship! The men and women who create the products, services and jobs that help our economy and communities grow are honored. Celebrate the many significant achievements of these incredible entrepreneurs, applauding them all for taking the road less traveled to launch new companies, open new markets and fuel job growth. Read more
Brothers Services CEO John Martindale Featured As One Of SmartCEO Magazine’s “Leaders We Admire”
Brothers Services CEO John Martindale has been honored in Baltimore SmartCEO’s “Leaders We Admire” issue for his ambition in growing Brothers Services into one of the leading home improvement companies in the region.
The article, published in the May 2012 issue of SmartCEO magazine, chronicles Martindale’s history starting a small roofing company in the 1980s, through his graduation from Loyola’s Sellinger School of Business, and culminating in the company’s diversification into other home improvement services including siding, windows, doors, gutters and kitchen and bath remodeling.